The first primary school at Dingli was founded in 1858. In 1903, it moved to 17, Main Street. These first 8 classrooms are still being used to date. In the early 1960′s, a new wing was built. Before being amalgamated with the primary school, for a number of years the newly-built block was used as an Area Secondary School. In 1975 the first Kindergarten class was opened. Nowadays Dingli Primary School caters for 9 primary classes and 5 kindergarten classes.
Parents and Guardians whose children attend Rabat and Dingli schools (both Primary, Middle and Secondary), kindly note that road works are now in progress at George Borg Oliver Street in Rabat. Works commenced on the 21st January (at St. Domenic Church side). For those students making use of public transport (Tal-Linja) in order to attend/return home from school, kindly note changes in Public Transport Bus Journeys for routes 51, 52, 53, 56, 181 and 201.
More information can be obtained from Dingli Local Council Facebook Page.