Students and Educators at St. Nicholas College, Rabat Primary School, prepared a series of activities to celebrate Internet Safety Day. These included:
- KG 2.3 Students listened to the story, ‘Ir-Rigal’. They noted how they could not access the teachers’ computer without a password; thus learning about the importance of not disclosing their own passwords to others. They also learned about other personal information that they should not be disclosing online to others, such as their addresses. Finally, they were reminded that as young children they always need to have an adult with them (such as their parents) when accessing the internet.
- Year 4.2 Students designed their own ‘Internet Safety’ Posters.
- Year 4.1 Students discussed eSafety rules and produced their own bookmarks to remind themselves of how they can stay safe online. They also learned to identify unsafe situations and to speak up if something happens that concerns or upsets them.
- Year 3.3 Students watched a PowerPoint presentation and saw some bookmarks that helped them understand how to keep themselves safe when using the Internet. The students also enjoyed doing the puzzle about Internet Safety.
- Ms. Christine Vassallo, Nurture Class Teacher, also organised an eSafety Online Session for the whole school.
Click on the video below to watch some of our activities !