St. Nicholas College is currently engaged in the Erasmus + project, Leadership for Change (L2C). This project aims to help schools move away from the traditional vertical leadership model, which proclaims the primacy of the head of school, and to move towards shared leadership, fostering a new culture in schools in which teachers, students and potentially parents willingly take responsibility for leadership in the school community. More information about L2C can be found on the official project website: http://l2c.eun.org/home.
As part of this ongoing project, the partner countries (Malta, Belgium, Spain, Italy and Portugal) have co-constructed a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), which is being offered free of charge, to all schools in Malta and Europe. The course will be online and running on the European Schoolnet Academy online training platform. Participants will be expected to carry out approximately 27.5 hours of work over a 6 week period.
The topics which will be covered are:
- What are the building blocks of Shared Leadership in L2C- school vision, evidence, goals and the school’s theory of change? Why they are essential when adopting a shared leadership approach in your school?
- Understand what is Shared/distributed leadership approach in schools and why it is important for the school development process
- Learn how a school vision, evidence gathering and collaboration contribute to school change
- Learn what is the role of sharing leaders and teacher leaders
- Learn how to draft an action plan incorporating shared leadership approach in your school
During the course, participants will be reflecting, discussing and sharing on the topics above. Furthermore, they will also have the opportunity to find a community of like-minded professionals who can support each other in improving their classroom practices. As part of the course, variety of online tools and social media outlets will also be used to communicate and engage in a number of peer review activities.
Module 1: Shared Leadership – What Is It All About? – opens on 03/02/2020
Module 2: Shared Leadership in a School Context – opens on 10/02/2020
Module 3: Teacher Leaders and Sharing Leaders – opens on 17/02/2020
Module 4: Our Shared Leadership Action Plan – opens on 24/02/2020
In order to earn a course certificate, course participants need to pass at least 1 quiz, submit an action plan and review 3 action plans of other participants. The final deadline to complete all activities is 11 March 2020, 23:59 CET. In order to receive the certificate, the participation in the quizzes will be counted for 15% (each quiz 5%) and the action plan together with the peer reviews, will count for 85% and the overall passing grade is 90%.
For more information, and to apply for the course, kindly click on the following link: http://bit.ly/2u7JVRq.